Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Reality

My life has forever changed. And it's no ones fault. This is my reality.
It's funny how no matter who I talk to , friends , family, acquaintances .. They all give me there support and there love. But that reality isn't quiet there for them until they see his site. It seems like it's not real until they see that needle is his little baby bottom that all of a sudden in the split second .. The "o my gods" set in. I don't know if I myself will ever get used to this new life of ours. One thing I do know for sure is that everyone's understanding does mean something to me. That isn't something I am willing to settle on. I want my family, my friends, and yes even my
Acquaintances to understand and to know the reality behind type 1 diabetes. It is incredibly important to me.
Not one person I have spoken with or to has any idea what type 1 is or even that there is more then one "type" of diabetes. Let me clarify here an now. My not-even-2-year-old is connected to a pump that is connected to a needle that is in his skin 24/7 , (needs to be changed every 48 hours!) he will never grow out of it!! It will never get better! The medicine he takes is life support and without it he would cease to exist. He has a auto immune disease. it just happens. No one knows why or what exactly causes type 1. It is in no way related or connected in any way to poor diet..or Lack of exercise ! It has ZERO to do with type 2 diabetes, he cannot ever just take a pill or eat better!
I intend to be a advocate for my son forever and always and will try my hardest to kill the stigmata attached to type 1 so that all that come in contact with my wonderful boy understand what it truly means to be him. This is my reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment