Saturday, July 13, 2013

No sleep for the restless

I Read the funniest picture/quote, it said..
"You know your a parent of a diabetic when they grow up and move out and you call 911 when they don't call you for two hours" 
All I can say is dammit . Damn you diabetes. You have stolen my zzzz's forever. Ever miss something so much you want to cry ? That's me and sleep. I don't even remember what it was like sleeping through the night. With every shake or every time I roll over at night I find myself first checking his Dexcom and then the video monitor , if I can't clearly see his chest move up and down... Well now I am truly screwed because now I have to sneak in his room and make sure he is indeed breathing. Sounds silly but this my life. I'm considering investing in a mini mini fridge. Lol not a mini fridge , I want smaller, like one or two bottle size. I can't tell you how hard it is to wake up to the low alarm and have to stumble down the stairs with my contacts (which I am sleeping in every night now) stuck to my eyelids , blinking over an over , making a bottle and then stumbling back upstairs and strategically wedging that bottle into his mouth without waking my sleeping angel. It's a task that happens all to often that I wish I could wake my sleeping husband and just get a quick high five for a job well done.. Although usually when I see him soundly sleeping after waking several times to the low alarm, high alarm, battery alert.. So forth, I more often then not want to high five his face. 
Just sitting and staring at his sleeping baby body I can't help but think he will never get to be completely free. I will be up his ass for eternity .. Like it or not. We are glued together .. Forever. 
Sleep is for wusses anyways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment