Monday, July 1, 2013

Summer with diabetes

Wow. 
So summer is crazy with diabetes. You know that giant diaper bag you pack for beach days or pool outings? Mine just tripled. Feels like I have 20 kids... But I don't I have 3 . One of which has type one diabetes. So I have to make sure I have all of his diabetes supplies, in coolers , not touching the ice or too cold but cool, lol. And of course Backups to the backups of the backups just incase! A huge bag of goodies because when Julien is active his numbers drop. 
We went to great adventure hurricane harbor and I caught his dexcom right before it fell off! I was feeling so accomplished !! Though shortly after when I was bolusing him his PDM wouldn't connect, move closer it kept saying  (i was so close to him i could have been in him!! lol) and sure enough his pod is gone!! I'm wondering where it fell off and what the person who found it is thinking it is!! Haha! 
Such a relief that we have the omnipod though , beach days and the pool are next to normal without having to worry about disconnecting and running high. I've now mastered the art of stickerover usage   lol my baby is so stickered up..nothing is falling off him now!
Plus he can run around naked if he wants !! And who doesn't like doing that! Haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment